The concept of speed dating is to make an impression with several people at one time. When you are successful at speed dating, it means you have charmed ten people in sixty minutes or less. That equals one date every six minutes! The one key factor during speed dating is asking the right question so that the conversation is constant and flowing and holds your date’s interest.
There is always a lot of anticipation leading up to the event, however, it’s crucial that you keep a very relaxed and casual outlook about speed dating. Don’t get your hopes up and have a lot of expectations about finding the right one. Speed dating is a wonderful alternative to meeting many different people via online dating websites. There are several speed dating events and they are often organized through dating websites. It’s very common to find people during the event that you have already chatted with online thrugh a dating website.
Here are a few questions that you can ask to see how well you relate to others and how they may react to topics that are important for you to find your potential mate. Be sure you have conviction in your voice and speak with confidence. This is an extremely attractive characteristic.
- What are you looking to achieve tonight?
- Are you a believer in love at first sight?
- What do you consider your most precious possession?
- What is your favorite season of the year?
- Do you believe in reincarnation?
- Is there something in particular that you feel I should know about you?
- Are you looking for a casual or long term relationship?
- How long have you been single?
- How long did the longest relationship you’ve had last?
- What is your dream job?
- What kind of music do you like?
- What line of work are you in?
Of course, not all of these questions will get the answer you are looking for. Many people might think it’s a bit too much too soon. However, there is always the chance that you will be appealing to most of your date using this approach. When you ask these question you will you will no doubt come across as a no nonsense person who has a clear direction of what they want in life.
The whole concept of speed dating is getting to know as much as you can about each of your ten dates during the six minutes with each one. When you take a forward and decisive approach, you up the stake towards finding a few people you are compatible with during the event.
Hopefully you can put some of these tips to use at your next Chicago speed dating event!